Blogging Challenge #2

Challenge 2

http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2013/03/10/challenge-2-first-week-of-freedom/

I strongly believe that students should not have to participate in Track and Field events. In this piece, I will convince you that my opinion is right.

Some students may not like the activities that we are forced to participate in. if a student doesn’t like the event(s), that could cause many different problems for many different people.

If someone doesn’t like the Track and Field event, they will feel like they don’t need to try. They will think that there is no point in trying. It won’t affect their lives in any way. Although I don’t find track and Field really necessary, I still try my hardest.

Some students exceed at some sports and may not be as good in others. One of the events may be one that the person isn’t the best at.  Some students may go into the event thinking that the people that are good in that activity will make fun of and laugh at them only because that isn’t one of their stronger sports/events.

Another reason why I feel strongly about this topic is because some students (including me) like to do sports, events, and goal setting on our own time and own way.

Some students can be very self concious about their body, weight and activness. I strongly believe that students should possess the choice to participate in the events or not. We should be able to choose what we want to do.

Some students lose self-confidence yearly because one or two other peers almost always get first place. Loss of self-concidence will discourage more and more kids to do the best they can. That may mean that they doubt they will beat anyone.

Lastly, no one should be forced to doanythingthey don’t want to do. This is the most obvious reason for this topic.

One of my sources said that kids shouhld have the choice if they want to participate in different sports or events. It says that no kid should ever be forced to do anything they don’t  want to do. I agree with this because I am a kid myself and a human being. I care about people’s wants and needs. As should anyone else.

Also, logical people would agree with me when I say, no parent, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, teacher, secretary, principal, kid or anyone for that matter should ever force anyone to do anything they don’t want to do.

Although, some people may argue that poeple will become lazy if they aren’t forced to participate in Track and Field events. When it comes down to it, people will decide to join sports if they want to. Honestly, it’s not anyone’s choice but their own.

In conclusion, no student should be forced to participate in Track and Field events. From reasoms ranging from not wanting to participate, to acting humane, this is why I strongly believe that my opinion is right and everyone should agree with me.

URL for information found:

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/SM/00057.html

2 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge #2

1. I agree with you one hundred percent. No one should have rights to force children to do anything they dont want to do, it should be our choice as to whether or not we want to do a certain sport.